Ian Parry Scholarship 2018 for Young Photographers.
Ian Parry Scholarship 2018… The scholarship is in honour of Ian Parry, a photojournalist who died while on assignment for the Sunday Times during the Romanian Revolution in 1989. He was just 24 years of age. Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian’s friends and family created the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to build something positive from such a tragic death.
This year’s Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories: The Award for Achievement and The Award for Potential. The entry criteria for both are the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. Last year the introduced a year long Mentorship Programme for the winner of the Award for Potential.
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project;
- A year-long personal mentorship is offered to one of the entrants. This year’s Mentor is the highly respected Photographer and former Ian Parry winner – Simon Roberts;
- Canon will provide equipment to the winners;
- World Press Photo automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam;
- Your work will be exhibited in London as part of a large gallery exhibition and will appear in the Sunday Times magazine, who is a media sponsor.
- Open to young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24 years.
Entries should be accompanied by the following materials:
- A covering letter including your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor;
- A detailed project proposal of your proposed project. It should be noted that this written section is considered extremely important. The judges will need to be impressed by your ability to produce a convincing project proposal as well as your photography skills;
- A brief project synopsis (Please follow the instructions on our submit form carefully);
- A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos;
- Captions for each image as a word document.
For more information, visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: July 28, 2018
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Ian Parry Scholarship 2018, kindly provide us your phone number and email Address in the comment box below. Also, feel free to ask any question any time.
We believe this article was interesting, if yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform – friends and relation via Facebook, twitter or Google+.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.