African Development Bank Recruitment for Principal Capacity Development Officer 2018.
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Banks development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Capacity Development Officer – ECAD2
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000302
- The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP) is the Bank’s spokesperson on economic matters and the VP for the ‘Economics Governance and Knowledge Management Complex’.
- The Complex is responsible for (i) providing leadership and visibility for the Bank on economic, finance, financial governance and socio economic development issues; and coordinate the generation of analytical works to inform operational policy; (ii) systematically emphasizing the critical role of knowledge, experience, lessons learnt and their tangible impact on sustainable, inclusive transformation of African economies.
The Hiring Department & Division
- Within ECVP, the African Development Institute (ECAD) coordinates and oversees capacity development mainstreaming in Bank operations for enhanced development effectiveness in its regional member countries (RMCs).
- This is achieved by (i) providing advisory services to support the effective design and delivery of capacity development goals in the RMCs; (ii) Identifying, designing and delivering tailored capacity development programmes to sustain development results in the RMCs; and (iii) Leveraging partnerships and coordinating knowledge dissemination to contribute to improved policy-making and economic governance for sustainable development in the RMCs. In this context, and in alignment with the ECVP’s Strategic Roadmap, the role of the Policy Management Division (ECAD.2) is two-fold.
- These are to: (i) Disseminate knowledge and provide policy advice on critical economic issues; and (ii) To build enduring institutions for economic policy and governance in the Bank’s RMCs. More specifically, ECAD.2 is responsible for leading the design and delivery of macroeconomic modelling, forecasting and analysis tools in RMCs; proposing strategies and programs for improved economic governance (including effective financial and investment management in RMCs); and mobilizing and managing resources to address emerging capacity development needs in the Bank’s High Five areas.
The Principal Capacity Development Officer ECAD2, will play an active role in the day-to-day delivery of the Department’s mandate, ensure high quality standards are observed, and collaborate with the Bank operations to further capacity development mainstreaming within the Bank. Specifically the Principal Capacity Development Officer ECAD2 has the following responsibilities:
- Support the capacity development of the Banks RMCs to effectively design and implement their own macroeconomic tools to improve policy-making processes and outcomes.
- Provide Management and by extension, the ECVP complex and other Bank departments with expert technical advice on addressing RMCs’ capacity building issues and improve dialogue with development partners.
- Contribute to resource mobilization efforts and implementation of Trust Funds to address emerging capacity development needs in the RMCs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager Policy Management (ECAD2), the Principal Capacity Development Officer will:
- Participate in the design and delivery of macro-economic management tools and trainings in the RMCs, in collaboration with other relevant staff members across the Bank.
- Participate in the identification and assessment of capacity needs and demand in the RMCs.
- Task Manage capacity development activities in collaboration with country investment teams, to contribute to improve macroeconomic capacity in the RMCs.
- Enhance partnerships with international, regional and national training institutions to deepen and expand the scope of capacity development activities in the RMCs.
- Mobilize resources from the Bank’s Trust Funds and other partners to deliver successful capacity development initiatives in the Bank’s RMCs.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Annual/Mid-year review of capacity development activities and duly prepare reports and presentations as may be required by Management.
- In collaboration with ECVP and other Bank departments, design and deliver capacity development programmes in macroeconomic modelling, forecasting and analysis.
- Task manage ongoing institutional support grants to regional economic capacity development institutions in Africa.
- Task manage ongoing projects financed by the Bank’s Trust Funds.
- Contribute to the review of Bank’s core policy, strategy and operational documents.
- Prepare input to the AfDB Annual Report and articles on capacity development.
- Participate in peer review meetings in the annual preparation of the African Economic Outlook.
- Represent the Division Manager in meetings upon request.
- Undertake any other duties as may be requested by the Division Manager.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at minimum a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Social Sciences, or related fields.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant and progressive professional experience in capacity development in international development settings and in Africa.
- Have excellent knowledge of economic development models and a strong ability to interpret the results of research to facilitate policy dialogue.
- Have proven ability to think strategically and to design long-term plans and programs in line with the Bank’s strategic priorities.
- Be familiar with the Bank’s operational review processes and quality assurance requirements.
- Demonstrate ability to build and manage strategic institutional partnerships for streamlined and increased support to capacity development in the RMCs.
- Be results-oriented, concise planning to achieve anticipated outcomes.
- Demonstrated team player with strong interpersonal and communication, problem solving, self-organization and time management skills. A client and results oriented individual with a proactive attitude.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Bank software namely MS Office applications and SAP.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 22nd May, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
Tags: AfDB, African Development Bank, African Development Bank Recruitment, African Development Bank Recruitment for Principal Capacity Development Officer 2018, Apply here for Principal Capacity Development Officer at African Development Bank, Principal Capacity Development Officer at African Development Bank