African Development Bank Recruitment for Training Clerk 2018.
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Banks development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Training Clerk – ECAD2
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50000887
- The Chief Economist/Vice-President for Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP) is the Bank’s spokesperson on economic matters and the VP for the ‘Economics Governance and Knowledge Management Complex’.
- The Complex is responsible for:
- Providing leadership and visibility for the Bank on economic, finance, financial governance and socio economic development issues; and coordinate the generation of analytical works to inform operational policy;
- Systematically emphasize the critical role of knowledge, experience, lessons learnt and their tangible impact on sustainable, inclusive transformation of African economies.
The Hiring Department & Division
- Within ECVP, the African Development Institute (ECAD) coordinates and oversees capacity development mainstreaming in Bank operations for enhanced development effectiveness in its regional member countries (RMCs).
- This is achieved by:
- Providing advisory services to support the effective design and delivery of capacity development goals in the RMCs;
- Identifying, designing and delivering tailored capacity development programmes to sustain development results in the RMCs; and
- Leveraging partnerships and coordinating knowledge dissemination to contribute to improved policy-making and economic governance for sustainable development in the RMCs.
- In this context, and in alignment with the ECVP’s Strategic Roadmap, the role of the Policy Management Division (ECAD.2) is two-fold.
- These are to disseminate knowledge and provide policy advice on critical economic issues and to build enduring institutions for economic policy and governance in the Bank’s RMCs. More specifically, ECAD.2 is responsible for leading the design and delivery of macroeconomic modelling, forecasting and analysis tools in RMCs; proposing strategies and programs for improved economic governance (including effective financial and investment management in RMCs); and mobilizing and manage resources to address emerging capacity development needs in the Bank’s High Five areas.
The Training Clerk, ECAD2, will provide administrative and logistical support to the Division Manager and Task Managers to ensure the efficient and successful delivery of capacity development workshops and seminars.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager Policy Management (ECAD2), the Training Clerk will:
Work Flow Management:
- Undertake such transactional tasks and processes that support the smooth running of the work of the Manager and Team.
- Provide support and follow up on routine administrative correspondence and processes.
- Undertake correspondence and tasks in accordance with the Bank’s accepted formats and check on probable typographical errors, presentation, completeness and procedural accuracy of all documents submitted to the Manager / Team Leader for clearance, approval or signature.
- Review and prioritize important correspondence and tasks for execution.
- Follow-up and ensure that tasks are completed with dispatch and within given deadlines.
- Follow up on work deadlines for routine and assigned tasks.
Support To Training Activities:
- Preparation of budgets for proposed capacity building activities.
- Drafting invitation letters to participants and following up on their confirmations of participation for workshops and seminars as well as liaising with CHGS to facilitate ticketing for workshops and seminars.
- Confirming activity venues, hotel accommodation, and other workshop requirements – receiving quotations, verifying space/room requirements and preparing participants authentications – badges, name tags, etc; photocopying and printing; administration of per diems and compiling workshop expense summary reports.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the Division Manager and Professional Level Staff.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Finance, Administration, or Social Sciences.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years’ experience in assisting Task Managers in similar roles.
- Able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting.
- Ability to respond speedily and efficiently to internal and external requests.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background.
- Ability to manage simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, scanner, photocopies etc).
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and office administration service.
- Demonstrated team player with strong communication, problem solving, self-organization and time management skills. A client and results oriented individual with a proactive attitude.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competent in the use of standard Bank software, namely MS Office applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: 22nd May, 2018.
What’s your take on this? We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us at [email protected] to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.
Don’t Attend to Any Call from this WEBSITES Pertaining to any Job or Scholarship Offer Requiring Money.
Tags: AfDB, African Development Bank, African Development Bank Recruitment, African Development Bank Recruitment for Training Clerk 2018, Apply here for Training Clerk at African Development Bank, Training Clerk at African Development Bank